Clemson University was founded in 1889 as a public, co-education and research university. It has 1,1400-acre campus at the foot of the Blue Ritz mountains. The university is headquartered in Clemson city of South Carolina State. The university ranked 21 in the list of National best public universities compiled by the US News and World Report.
South Carolina Governor John Peter Richardson-III approved establishing an agriculture school in 1889 with a huge charity given by Thomas Green Clemson. The classes commented in 1893. Till 1955, the college served boys and defense staff. Later, it became a civilian institution and implemented co-education system. In admitted first African-American student in 1963 and in 1964, its name has been changed to Clemson University.